Since the 17th century there has been a school on the slopes of Frodsham Hill. The present school, whilst not being on the same site, can trace its roots to the original 1660 church school. The current school building began its life in 1892 and appeared in books of the period as an example of good school architecture.
The school was extended and modernised during the 1970’s and again in recent years but many historic features including original fireplaces, the school bell and bell-tower and the original oak panelled main door (restored and re-hung within the school building) remain. The school is set in spacious grounds. To the front there is an elevated lawn, believed to be part of a medieval pasture, and at the rear are an upper and lower tarmac play area, a garden area, an adventure playground and a good sized playing field. Additionally children in our reception class have their own special play area.